COCONUT ALMOND NO-BAKE MACAROONS
No bake coconut bite sized treats in 10 minutes.
Author: Gina Matsoukas of www.runningtothekitchen.com
Serves: 10 macaroons
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 1½ tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ tablespoon milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- Combine coconut, almond meal, chopped almonds and salt in a medium bowl. Stir together.
- Add remaining ingredients except for milk and stir together with a spatula or your hands.
- If you need it, (if mixture comes together enough without it, omit) add the milk so that the dough is of a consistency that will stick together enough and hold it’s shape.
- Fill a tablespoon with the mixture and pack down tightly. Carefully remove the mixture using your fingers to “pop” it out of the tablespoon onto a parchment lined sheet.
- Keep refrigerated or stash in a cooler bag for lunches and impromptu picnics in the sun. Freeze first if you don’t have access to a cooler bag or just want to pop a few into a bag while you’re out and about.
Nutrition Bits is brought to you by Jessica Beacom, RDN, CLT – BWK parent and co-owner of Real Food RDs